At HEAT Culinary, we strive to create an environment that is both educational and entertaining, and we welcome everyone from the experienced home cook to those who have never boiled water! Every class begins with a short introduction to key kitchen equipment, knife techniques, etc - and then we dive right in to the recipes and get cooking.
Located in the heart of Carpinteria-Santa Barbara County & Costa Mesa-Orange County the HEAT Culinary kitchens are outfitted with state of the art cooking equipment and a pantry stocked with the best ingredients for preparing a delicious meal. Classes are typically capped at 8-12 students, to ensure that each individual gets an immersive, hands-on experience. Come hungry, because after all your hard work in the kitchen we will enjoy a family style dinner together!
To register for our adult culinary & baking classes, there is a minimum age requirement of 18 years. (Unless approved by HEAT culinary management at the time of class registration).
** Kids Culinary & Baking Camps (8 - 12 years); Liability waiver to be signed by parent/guardian.
** Teen Culinary & Baking Camps (13 - 18 years); Liability waiver to be signed by parent/guardian.
By registering for a class with HEAT Culinary, the guest agrees to the policies listed below. HEAT Culinary and our affiliate kitchen sites are not liable for the following:
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property and/or equipment
- Any bodily injuries or damages that you or others may sustain as a result of participating in any class, workshop, or program on HEAT Culinary's property or affiliate sites HEAT events are held within/upon.
Unless you explicitly make a request to our management team not to be photographed, HEAT Culinary has full consent to take photographs while you are on our premises. HEAT Culinary has full and unrestricted publishing and use rights of these photographs.
Please alert us at the time of booking a class if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies (i.e. vegetarian, gluten, etc.). We will share your dietary needs with our teachers and do our best to accommodate your requests.
For the safety of all our students, we ask you come prepared for class. This includes adhering to few safety regulations in our kitchen:
- Please wear closed-toed shoes
- In food preparation classes, please keep hair tied back
- If you would like a chair to sit at your station during class instruction, please let a class assistant know and they will accommodate your request.
- HEATculinary does not offer cash refunds if you are unable to attend the class you've purchased a seat for. However, if you notify us 48-hours before a class that you will not be able to attend you may do one of two things:
- Transfer your payment to an identical class or one of same technique --OR--
- Designate someone else to attend in your place for a scheduled class
- Occasionally, HEAT Culinary will have to reschedule or cancel a class. In these situations, we will contact you directly at the phone number or email address you have provided to let you know. If this should happen we will do our best to transfer you to another day the identical class is being instructed. If we are not able to provide you with a class transfer, we would be happy to offer you a class credit for future use.
***If you decide you'd like to transfer your registered class seat/seats to another course instead ... Not a problem! Please give the HEAT Culinary office a call up to 48-hours prior to your class and we would be happy to transfer your credit over for an additional $25 fee per seat.