Can you help me plan my catered event?
- Yes, absolutely! The HEAT team may help you plan the culinary layout of your chosen site and instruct you on particular logistics, and needed resources to make your event a success. HEAT Culinary caters events such as culinary teambuilding, Iron-Chef competitions, food truck service, wedding receptions, event rehearsals, anniversary or corporate catering.
Do you offer consultations?
- Yes, each HEAT Culinary client will receive a consultation to discuss their requested event style, as well as an initial proposal that quotes the details discussed.
Do you offer tastings?
- Wedding or large event tastings are made available by request. The cost for a tasting is $50/pp and will include up to 8 items for no more than 4 guests. Additional fees will apply for certain types of food and/or further items requested. Payment is required prior to the scheduled tasting.
What is covered in the proposal?
- Three categories are addressed: food, beverage & event staffing. After you have had the opportunity to review the proposal, the next step will be for you to share any and all feedback for the purpose of needed alterations. We will make any changes necessary to plan the exact event you have imagined.
Typical event cost inclusions?
- Food – Each event menu is unique & designed specifically for the hosting party. Menus are priced on a per person basis.
- Beverage – All types of beverages are available such as punch, soft drinks, tea, and coffee, limited and full bars. Our beverage and bar list are available with pricing. HEATculinary may only provide alcoholic beverages for catered events. Additional corkage fees may apply, depending on event venue.
- Equipment/Rentals – As a convenience to our clients, HEAT Culinary works with a few selected rental companies in the Santa Barbara and Orange County/Los Angeles County area, and will direct brides and event coordinators to speak with these companies directly. HEAT Culinary is focused on the culinary services requested for an event and does not handle equipment rentals from our offices. Responsibility for rented items remains with the customer for the rental period. The client will be responsible for replacement cost of rentals due to damages and/or shortages.
- Staff – Labor charges are based on an hourly fee per employee from the time they arrive the event until they leave event site.
- Service Fee – As a company policy, HEAT Culinary adds a service fee to the total of each invoice. This fee is added to offset a variety of expenses such as administrative costs, rising fuel charges, extra labor, and equipment that is used at the event but not charged to the customer. The service fee is not a gratuity charge for the HEAT event staff or administration.
Is there a deposit required to reserve a date?
- A deposit of half the total event balance is required to secure the date for your event on the HEAT calendar. This deposit confirms your reservation and guarantees our services on that date. We do our best to accommodate all requests if time permits and the date is available.
What are the terms of payment?
- Weddings - Twenty one days prior to your event, a guaranteed guest count is due. The guest count may be increased after such time but not decreased. Final payment is due twenty-one (21) days prior to your scheduled event and non-refundable if canceled or changed by client following twenty-one (21) days. We accept cash, cashier’s check, personal/company check or major credit cards.
- Food Truck/Private/Corporate Events - Twenty one days prior to your event, a guaranteed guest count is due. The guest count may be increased after such time but not decreased. Final payment is due twenty-one (21) days prior to your scheduled event and non-refundable if canceled or changed by client following twenty-one (21) days. We accept cash, cashier’s check, personal/company check or major credit cards.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Should it become necessary for a Client to terminate a scheduled event, HEAT Culinary shall be entitled to retain any and all funds paid by Client to secure the requested event on calendar; Deposits are non-refundable.
- If event agreement is terminated within twenty-one (21) days prior to the scheduled event, HEAT Culinary shall be entitled to retain both deposit and paid balance amount.
- HEAT Culinary responsibility to the Client is limited to the event items covered in the last accepted proposal agreed to by Client via letter, email, phone or fax. Any additional items or changes are at clients expense and may be added to the event proposal incurring added charges or contract nullification.
- **Our cancellation policy applies to any and all booked events on the HEAT Culinary calendar. (i.e. culinary classes, food truck events, teambuilding events and private catered events.)